Гурова Наталия Владимировна
Gurova Nataliya Vladimirovna
Nataliya Vladimirovna Gurova, Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor of Spanish Studies and Intercultural Communication.
She has been working at the chair since 1999.
She gives the following classes:
1) Practicum of the Verbal Communication Culture of the 1st Foreign Language;
2) Theory of Text and Discourse.
3) Practical course of the First Foreign Language
4) Intercultural Communication in the Virtual Environment of Foreign Language (master’s program).
Area of expertise: theory and practice of Spanish language, comparative linguistics, political linguistics, pragmalinguistics, discourse-analysis, and others.
- In 2004 she published academic aids called Contacts of English and Spanish Languages (co-author L.P. Berdnikova);
- In 2005 she defended her Candidate thesis “Pronoun Question Sentences in English and Spanish Languages” and received a degree of the Candidate of Philological Sciences in 10.02.20 Comparative and Historic Typological and Contrastive Linguistics;
- In 2006 she had an internship at Complutense University in Madrid, Spain;
- In 2008 she published a monograph called “Contacts and Mutual Influence of English and Spanish Languages in the Age of Globalization” (co-author L.P. Berdnikova);
- In 2009 she received the academic rank of Associate Professor;
- In 2011 she was awarded a Certificate of the Pyatigorsk Mayor;
- In 2013 she published a monograph titled “Timely Problems of Theory and Communication in Political Linguistics” (co-author L.P. Berdnikova);
- In 2016 she was awarded III degree medal for “Excellent Work at the University”;
- The member of the jury of the regional series of All-Russia Olympiad of School Students on the Spanish Language;
- The member of Russian Spanish Scholars Association;
- A high-qualified expert who possesses progressive methods of Spanish language teaching.