The Chair of Linguocommunicativistics and Applied Foreign Languages is a Structural Unit of the Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism.
Associate Professor Vladimir Vitalievich Elkin, Candidate of Philological Sciences is the head of the chair.
The Chair’s activity is conditioned by the presence and functioning of 4 language sections:
1) Spanish language section:
Oksana Ivanovna Martynenko – Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, head of the section;
Elena Vyacheslavovna Chmyriova – Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences;
Nina Petrovna Turchenko – Associate Professor;
Natalia Vladimirovna Khomovich – Senior Lector;
Marina Vladimirovna Dzhagaryan – lector;
Karina Olegovna Moskalenko – lector;
2) German language section:
Elena Nikolaevna Melnikova – head of the section, Associate Professor, Candidate of Philological Sciences;
Karina Eduardovna Kazryants – Professor, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences;
Natalia Mikhaylovna Kashirina – Associate Professor, Candidate of Philological Sciences;
Lyubov Alekseevna Proys – Associate Professor, Candidate of Philological Sciences;
Olga Yurievna Amiynts – lector.
3) French language section:
Elena Vasilievna Markaryan – Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, head of the section;
Viktor Nikitovich Strausov – Professor, Doctor of Philological Sciences;
Vladimir Vitalievich Elkin – Associate Professor, Candidate of Philological Sciences;
Lyubov Leonidovna Neylenko – Associate Professor, Candidate of Philological Sciences;
Anna Aleksandrovna Voloshenko – Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences;
Nina Sergeevna Kirimleeva – lector;
4) Italian language section:
Olga Vyacheslavovna Sycheva – head of the section, lector;
Valeriy Khachaturovich Narymov – Associate Professor;
Bella Borisovna Takushinova – lector.
The Chair takes part in an implementation of the fundamental higher education programs:
1) Bachelor programs:
43.03.01 – Service (Real Estate Expertise and Appraisal);
43.03.01 – Service (Realtor Service and Real Estate Management in International Oriented Environment);
43.03.02 – Tourism (Technology and Organization of Tour Operator and Tour Agency Services);
43.03.03 – Hotel Industry (Hotel Activity);
44.03.05 – Pedagogic Education (with two majors) (English and German languages);
44.03.05 – Pedagogic Education (with two majors) (English language and additional education);
45.03.02 – Linguistics (Theory and Methods of Foreign Languages and Culture Teaching);
45.03.02 – Linguistics (Theory and Practice of Intercultural Communication);
45.03.02 – Linguistics (Theory and Practice of Intercultural Communication in the Commercial Activity);
45.03.04 – Intellectual Systems in the Humanitarian Field (Development and Programming of the Intellectual System the Humanitarian Field)
2) Specialist program
38.05.02 – Customs Affairs
3) Master programs:
43.04.02 – Tourism (Tourist Management (Russian-Spanish Program of double diplomas)
43.04.03 – Hotel industry (International Hotel Industry)
45.04.02 – Linguistics (Linguistic counseling in the field of interlinguistic and intercultural interaction).
The Chair takes part in the implementation of secondary vocational education programs in the following majors:
43.02.11 Hotel service
43.02.14 Hotel business.
As a part of an educational and methodic activity, lectors of the Chair supervise professional educational programs, educational projects of linguocommunicative, linguocultural, and country study focus, coordinate cultural and linguistic centers of the university, organize open online classes, webinars, etc.
The Chair’s teaching staff takes part in the implementation of additional linguistic education programs on the basis of
- Multilevel Innovational Academy of Life-long Education;
- Institute of Advanced Training and Professional Competence;
- Training Laboratory at the Business Center of Tourism, Service, and Counselling.
The staff of the German section ensures the effective functioning of the Center for Methodological Support of Teaching German, Multiplication of Knowledge and Professional Competencies in cooperation with the Goethe Institute at the German Embassy in Moscow. On the basis of this center, programs for the professional development of school teachers from the regions of the North Caucasus and Southern Federal Districts are being implemented, as well as a joint German-Russian program of further professional education integrated into the basic educational program of master's degree program in 45.04.02 - Linguistics (Linguistic Consulting in the field of interlingual and intercultural communication). This joint program is implemented with the use of an electronic educational platform and authentic German textbooks and teaching materials.
In the aspect of research, scientific and methodological activities, advanced training, the department works in the following areas:
- Participation in the organization and holding of scientific and practical conferences (in particular Language and Culture in the Era of Integration of Scientific Knowledge and Professionalization of Education - annual international scientific and practical conference, Pyatigorsk Linguistic Congress, etc.);
- Organization of work of the Chair section "Relevant problems of linguocommunication science and applied foreign languages" within the carrying out annual scientific and methodic University Readings and the regional interuniversity scientific and practical conference of young scientists, postgraduates and students "Young Science";
- participation with reports in various levels of scientific conferences;
- publication of the results of scientific research in various editions, including journals from the HAC list, Russian and foreign collected papers, both placed in the national information-analytical system RSCI, and entering the international databases Scopus and Web of Science;
- participation in competitions and grant programs;
- participation in scientific and educational programs, methodological webinars and advanced training courses obtaining appropriate certificates;
- preparation and publication of monographs, textbooks, educational and methodological aids with their placement on PSU Internet-portal;
- management of students' research work, including their innovative projects and FQWs at various educational levels, preparation and organization of students' participation in research contests, etc.
The entire chair staff is actively involved in educational, social, career guidance activities, shaping of social and personal competencies and citizenship in graduates, preparing them for employment and future career. Teachers of the department:
- perform the duties of educational work coordinators and the formation of individual trajectories, career guidance projects and employment of the institute, as well as the duties of curators of courses and groups;
- manage long-term and annually realized projects aimed at civic-patriotic education, combating terrorism and extremism; spiritual, moral and aesthetic education; career guidance work with students, pupils and applicants; prevention of offenses and promotion of healthy lifestyles;
- take part in university-wide, institute and departmental projects of educational, social and career guidance;
- cooperate with the student council of IFLIT;
- organize annual competitions, Olympiads, festivals, etc.
In the aspect of scientific-production, practice-guided, project and entrepreneurial innovation activities, the departments' teaching staff participates and shows results in:
- creation and commercialization of intellectual property objects (including scientific, educational, technological working-outs) under license agreements and other types of commercial use;
- obtaining of protection documents for the objects of intellectual property;
- upload of developed intellectual property objects (textbooks, manuals, etc.) in the PSU Showcase;
- supervision of student innovation and technological projects, submitted annually for participation in the intramural university contest of Innovative Potential of University Youth;
- development of intellectual and innovative products on the basis of GQW, etc.
The Chair is actively involved in the processes of internationalization of the university’s activity, implementation of export-guided projects, and strengthening of PSU’s international prestige:
- coordination and implementation of international programs of academic mobility of students and lectors, exchange education, double diplomas, advanced training with partner institutions of the Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism and other foreign organizations, linked with the international educational activity:
1) Minsk State Linguistic University (Belarus);
2) University of Vanvitelli Campania (Italy);
3) University of Cadiz (Spain);
4) University for the Foreigners of Perugia (Italy);
5) Paul Sabatier University (Toulouse III, France);
6) Lyceum of Hospitality (Toulon, France);
7) Alessandro Greppi Linguistic Lyceum (Italy);
8) German Service of Academic Exchanges;
9) International Community of the North Rhine Westfalia (Germany, Dortmund).
10) Goethe Institute at the Embassy of Germany in Moscow.
- on a regular basis, the chair employs foreign lectors, scientists, and experts;
- implementation of joint international academic projects online, using information and communication technologies and electronic conference platforms;
- linguocommunicative assistance to the international events (festivals, conferences, etc);
- work with foreign students of PSU;
- work, internships, advanced training abroad or online in the foreign organizations, etc.